Jukka Rahkonen schrieb:

> But what if OSMF is changing the license and somebody has
> managed to base some business on top of derived database licensed under the
> old
> ODbL license?  Dou you lawyers say that it is a sound basis for building a
> business?  For me it would feel more fair if the derivatives could keep the
> old
> license even if the mother OSM should update. Companies can then deside if
> they
> would rather take the new license, or to make a fork.

According to section 9 of the ODbL, "Releasing the Database under
different licence terms or stopping the distribution of the Database
will not withdraw this Licence (or any other licence that has been, or
is required to be, granted under the terms of this Licence)"

So yes, companies would have that option.