From: Customer Services [mailto:customerservi...@ordnancesurvey.co.uk]
Sent: 13 October 2009 2:10 PM
To: blackadder...@googlemail.com
Subject: Crown copyright dates ( OS Reference 72267)

Dear Mr Robinson

Ordnance Survey reference: 72267

Thank you for your email dated 30 September 2009 requesting: seeking
clarification regarding Crown Copyright status for those Ordnance Survey map
sheets which do not carry a specific Crown Copyright (c) date.  Please
provide confirmation of the date when, for the following hard copy printed
map sheet examples, Crown Copyright expired or will expire.

Example 1:  1:25,000 First Series. Sheet SU93. Print edition C//. Made and
published by the Director General of the Ordnance Survey, Chessington,
Surrey, 1948.  Reprinted with minor corrections 1960.

Example 2:  1:25,000 First Series. Sheet NY21. Print edition C//. Made and
published by the Director General of the Ordnance Survey, Chessington,
Surrey, 1956.  Reprinted with minor changes 1963.

Example 3:  1:25,000 First Series. Sheet SO98. Print edition B///*. Made and
published by the Director General of the Ordnance Survey, Chessington,
Surrey, 1953.  Reprinted with the addition of new major roads 1967.

We are pleased to provide you with the following information with regard to
your request.

Crown copyright is retained for 50 years from the end of the year in which
the last date of publication on, in this instance, an Ordnance Survey map is
stated.  In the examples provided this means for example 1, from 31 December
1960 until the end of 2010; example 2 from 31 December 1963 until the end of
2013; and example 3 from 31 December 1967 until the end of 2017.

Please note that your enquiry has been processed to Freedom of Information
guidelines, though technically this request does not qualify under the FOIA
as this is not information which is held.  As this is the case, we have
determined that in all the circumstances of this case the Public interest
consideration (section 17 FOIA) is not applicable in this instance.

If you are unhappy with our response, you may raise an appeal to our Appeals
Officer at:

Complaints Team

Customer Service Centre

Ordnance Survey

Romsey Road

SOUTHAMPTON

SO16 4GU

Please include the reference number above. The Appeals Officer will ensure
that the process has been followed correctly, questioning any decisions
taken regarding the original response and recommending disclosure of
additional information if appropriate.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Yours sincerely

Tony Gray

Information Access Manager

(Freedom of Information)

Ordnance Survey

C454, Romsey Road, SOUTHAMPTON, United Kingdom, SO16 4GU
Phone: +44 (0)8456 05 05 05 Fax: +44 (0) 23 8079 2615
www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk customerservi...@ordnancesurvey.co.uk

This email is only intended for the person to whom it is addressed and may
contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error,
please notify the sender and delete this email which must not be copied,
distributed or disclosed to any other person.

Unless stated otherwise, the contents of this email are personal to the
writer and do not represent the official view of Ordnance Survey. Nor can
any contract be formed on Ordnance Survey's behalf via email. We reserve the
right to monitor emails and attachments without prior notice.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ordnance Survey
Romsey Road
Southampton SO16 4GU