Hi,

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
> I've created a proposed version of the human readable contributor
> terms on the wiki:
>

> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Database_License/Contributor_Terms/Human_readable
>
> The wording can doubtless be improved (please do so!), and maybe
> there's something more to cover. Let's try to keep it short though.

I think the wording is ok, but I would advise against translating it. I
believe that presenting a crowdsource-translated "summary" above an
English "legalese" could be interpreted as misleading the users.

Personally, I think that translations are a problem in many places in
OSM. Stuff is translated and then starts to rot because whoever did the
translation goes hunting for the next non-translated bit. This is just
the same as with imports; the translations create documents that nobody
cares about, that do not have a community to support them.

There seem to be some areas where it works, but I have the impression
that triumphantly adding a 23rd language to some page on the Wiki does
not, overall, improve quality.