Richard Weait <rich...@...> writes:

>>Surely this is two separate steps:
>>
>>- begin offering a licence to the whole database under ODbL,
>>- stop offering a licence under CC-BY-SA.
>>
>>They might happen at the same time but they don't have to.

>I suspect that proceeding with two active databases would be
>impractical,

Indeed - I wasn't suggesting that.  Rather, that there is no need to withdraw
permission to distribute under CC-BY-SA at the same moment as granting
permission to use the ODbL.  The same database can be distributed under a choice
of licences, either for a transition period or as a long-term policy.

--
Ed Avis <e...@waniasset.com>