Simon Biber schrieb:
I want to contribute my mapping work to a community who will respect my wishes
that the work remain free. This includes that no-one should be allowed to make a
derived work and not allow others to have the same freedom over the derived
work. This is the essence of what the FSF calls copyleft, and what CC calls
share-alike.

Both allow non-free derivatives of some kind, the CC share-alike even more so than the GPL or LGPL. At least that's how I understand things, and it's good that way, but then IANAL.

Of course, in many jurisdictions, the data you or I added to OSM is probably not even protectable in any way, if what I heard is correct.

Robert Kaiser