Hi,

It is easy to deliver OSM vector data through WFS service as gml
http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.1.0&request=getfeature&typename=osm_polygon&maxfeatures=20

or as json if gml does not feel comfortable
http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.1.0&request=getfeature&typename=osm_polygon&maxfeatures=20&outputformat=application/json

What is hard is to give attribution and show the license. Of course I can
add Access constraints element to the service metadata
<ows:AccessConstraints>Data from OSM, license
CC-BY-SA</ows:AccessConstraints>

and users can read it at any time from the service with
http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.1.0&request=getcapabilities

But is that enough? WFS service can be used without ever reading the
capabilities
document and user may receive tons of digital OSM vector data without
really knowing where those did come from and what is the license.

I can add a new field into all the layers, "attribution" and populate it
with some text. That way the attribution could be glued into each feature,
but I am not sure if I can force WFS users to fetch that attribute even
that way because WFS allows users to request just a subset of attributes.

-Jukka Rahkonen-