Emilie Laffray <emilie.laff...@...> writes:

>Hello,just a quick note to mention that two different legal entities in very
>different places in the world just adopted ODbL as their preferred
>licenses:

Thanks for the note.  The first of these, DataPlace, seems to want a permissive
attribution-only licence ("we’ve taken an important step to make these data
freely available for any use, anywhere, in any application, commercial or
public,
as long as that use attributes DataPlace") so it's not clear why they have
chosen the strong-copyleft ODbL.

Under the proposed contributor terms, would OSM be able to import or use any
data from these ODbL-covered data releases?

--
Ed Avis <e...@waniasset.com>