Francis Davey <fjm...@...> writes:

>To answer some of the questions raised by my comment (and not just this one).
>
>The sui generis database right exists only in the EU and the EEA.

>All countries with the sui generis database right have harmonised the
>threshold for database copyright as I have explained.

Thanks.  My followup question - which is not quite so much a question of pure
fact, and addressed not to you but to the list in general - is that if database
copyright applies wherever database right does, why not use copyright alone?

If I've misunderstood what 'database copyright' means, and it's not as strong
as ordinary copyright, please correct me.

--
Ed Avis <e...@waniasset.com>