On 9 December 2010 10:01, pec...@gmail.com <pec...@gmail.com> wrote:

> About three or four months ago there was discussion about adding
> clarification about "free and open license", to add both share alike
> and attribution clauses.

I don't think I'm being contrivertial when I say by far the majority
of us in the project are open data, open source and free software
advocates. To us 'Free' means libré & gratis and 'open' is being able
to get at the contents/source and spin one's own.

If at some mythical future date the OSMF decided to propose a new
license; they would have to be damn sure at being able to convince at
least 67% of us that this new proposed license was "free and open" on
our terms.

Regards
 Grant