On 6 May 2011 15:25, Russ Nelson <nel...@crynwr.com> wrote:
> has no clothes, and there are no little kids around to say "Gee, this
> relicensing thing ... maybe it's not such a good idea?"

Plenty of people have been pointing this out, but those that should be
listening aren't and as a result OSM has gone from almost exponential
growth to stagnant growth to negative growth... The fact that people
are turning away from OSM should be a huge wake up call, but sadly no
one is listening...

> It's too late. You have to live with CC-By-SA, even if it's not
> perfect. It's all you've got.

>From what I gather about the ODBL, mind you I can't get consistent
views on it which should be a big red flag, it's worst in general for
those using the data, at present you only have to care about
copyright, in future you will most likely have to get contracts with
end users to be in line with the ODBL, to me this is not only going
backwards, but it puts even more onus on people wanting to use OSM
data to the point of being rediculous...