On 5 June 2011 22:35, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:

>  John Smith wrote:
>
>> He is yet to back up his claims about people using the data
>>

> I don't think it makes a difference. If I have one set of data with a
> questionable copyright situation and no street names, and another set of
> data with street names surveyed by someone who agrees to the CT, there's no
> reason to prefer the former.

Being more accurate (traced from high quality imagery, versus GPS) could be
a reason to prefer the former.

I'm not certain about how the person in question would take this, but you'd
want to be careful not to get into edit wars about this. The original person
could quite easily put their more accurate ways back, and copy the names
from the newer ones (since they can be CC licensed).

Do we want to encourage people to delete perfectly good data because they
don't like the licence?

--
James