The problems with the CC-BY-SA license are fully hypothetical,
as there have been no real life problems.
There have been some hesitations at commercial users of OSM data
 with the Share Alike part, but OSM is not bound to enforce the SA part
of the current license either, so we could just allow them to
use data without SA. I do not feel any particular sympathy
for the commercial users of our data to the extent that
we need to jeopardize OSM just for their interests.

My sympathy is with those who do not have
access to data, such as in emergency situations. OSM was best in Haiti.

No real problem has occurred with CC-BY-SA, and no
initiative has done more harm to OSM in history than then the insisted
proposal to change the license (-that-does-not-fit-:CC-BY-SA)
to (-the-license-that-cannot-be-enforced-:ODBL)
by (-the-people-that-do-not-own-OSM-).

OSMF is playing a legal game with the interest of the community.

Since months a lot of active mappers have stopped contributing
just because of uncertainty about their data.

Some of us try to minimize the number of refused CT (about 400)
but I have the strong feeling that those are mainly found in the old
core
of the first 1000 of OSM mappers, the founders that were interested in
real free data.  The 102000 new signups that agreed with the CT
probably just signed (but I cannot prove that) because they were not
given a choice, nor knew
about the history of OSM, and signed a CT just as they sign one upon
installing a new piece of shareware / i-don't-care-ware.

I almost fully support the reasoning of TIM, just do not
understand why he tried this in private. He must have his reasons.

Over all, the procedures of the introduction of ODBL and CT have a
strong smell of -this-must-happen-regardless-what-and-who,
without anyone mad really clear why this is absolutely necessary.

Gert