Hi,

I wonder if anyone - LWG or otherwise - has spent some thought about the following.

When we finally execute the license change, many obejcts will remain unchanged, but some will have to change or even be removed. Also, there are many objects that have been deleted long ago which are not relicensable - we don't care because the fact that these cannot be relicensed does not change our current data set, but still they are in our database,

There are two channels through which we expose not only the current version of an object, but also the history. One is the full history planet dump; the other is the history API call.

I wonder:

1. Will we keep old, non-relicensable versions of objects in our database, or will we physically remove them (which might result in some objects missing completely, and others having a patchy history, possibly having versions 1,2,13 only or so)?

2. If we keep the full database, will we also expose it through a history API call?

3. If we keep the full database, will we also release a full history planet file?

I would love the answer to all three questions to be yes but this will probably difficiult from a license perspective.

If we manage to find a way to keep all data, then a history API call could return each version of an object with its own license declaration, or there could be two different history API calls, one of them specially designed to return CC-BY-SA data.

I cannot see how a full history planet that has CC-BY-SA and ODbL data could be possible as it would undoubtedly be a derived work and therefore have to be licensed CC-BY-SA. But maybe we can make a full history planet with "holes" for everything that could not be relicensed, and provide a (static, second) file that contains the data to fill all these "holes", this one being CC-By-SA licensed.