On Fri, 1 Mar 2013 11:51:18 -0500, Alex Barth wrote:
On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 11:44 AM, Rob Myers  wrote:

despite the economic irrationality of this

It _is_ economically rational to contribute to OSM even if there
wasn't a share alike license.

It's economically rational to keep costs down until VC funding is available.

This is the point of the matter and where we miss each other.

It's economically more than rational to contribute to a
non-share-alike OSM (or other open source/data projects). On the flip
side share-alike introduces complexities that clearly disincentivize
contributing.

But as I stated, contributing is not the point.

Using what is contributed is.

Corporate moral panics don't change this.

- Rob.