Hi Simon,

In relation to the "Legit", yes, your not the first one to raise this
question. I would be happy if you or someone within OSM community can
provide an example of Legit or Not Legit topo map as a source, if not for
this case then at least for the future.

Regarding the data itself, of course I still have the SHP File, I do fully
intend to start complementing OSM for Kosova and the region once the Dev.
Seed is done with the new tool they're working on. I think it'll make it a
lot easier then.

Best,
Bekim

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 5:50 PM, Simon Poole <si...@poole.ch> wrote:

> Am 07.03.2013 17:20, schrieb Bekim Kajtazi:
>

> To help understand better, this is how data got into OSM:
> I digitized the data from topo maps
> Shared the SHP File with FLOSSK in Prishtina
> FLOSSK recruited many volunteers to get the data in OSM
> Few months later data was removed from OSM
>
> Anyway, unless there is a way to get some of that data back into the map,
> then I don't see any benefit of continuing this conversation.
>
>  Assuming a) the topo maps are a legit source (out of copyright or
> explicit permission) and b) you still have the SHP files, sure it is still
> possible (and if it is just by providing the files as an overlay which is
> preferable to an import anyway).
>
> From the mails it would seem as if you do not actually have an OSM account
> or at least you were not involved with the importing yourself, then I can
> only point back to the importers. They would have had it in their hands to
> document the import properly, provide support during the licence change if
> explicit permission for further use was necessary and so on.
>
> Simon

about.me/bekim