Hi,

i think Richard points to the right direction.

Richard Weait writes:
Were any potential data donor, or imagery donor in this case, able to
state, "I grant use of {dataset} to OpenStreetMap contributors for use
under the terms of the OpenStreetMap License and Contributor Terms,"
well that might be a useful shortcut.

i understand that often imagery is handed out in the context of humanitarian aid and should only be used in this context.

For OSM to be on the safe side: Would it be possible to document the permissions you have for tracing in a clearly understandable way in the wiki? The current license text leaves a bit of uncertainty what a derived imagery product is.

So why not simply add a clause saying "Imagery is used by the members of the HOT for providing humanitarian aid as expressed in our policy. Derived data will be stored in the Openstretmap database in accordance with the contributor terms and is available under the ODbL also after end of the humanitarian project".

That way it's clear to OSM contributors as well as to data donors what is going to happen.

if an imagery provider would not like the above sentence He wouldn't like the current situation either and might cause trouble later. So it wouldn't change anything and add more clarity to the process.

Stephan