Am 06.05.2014 21:40, schrieb Rob Myers:
> On 05/05/14 09:16 AM, Simon Poole wrote:
>>
>> We have raised the question of Dynamic Data in a dedicated guideline
>> given that a number of things are not so clear and even while, using the
>> example from the guideline, the occupancy of a parking lot is an
>> observable fact it is questionable if we would want to require that
>> anybody that creates such or similar application has to provide a real
>> time feed of the data on ODbL terms.
>
> If a loophole for this case is inserted, expect to see a sudden increase
> in realtime (and "realtime") generation of data. ;-)

I hope we (as in the LWG) are not creating the impression that we are
trying to assemble as many loop holes as possible, it is more
identifying some of the edge cases and trying to document the community
consensus on the interpretation. In the case at hand we are simply
saying: here is a potential use case that is in a grey area, what do you
think?

In the case of the parking lot occupancy, dynamic data case: assume we
have a proprietary source for that data. The owner of the data will
already know which parking lot and where it is by some means, the
dataset would clearly have value on its own. One way to "combine" the
data in a useful way would be an app that routes you to the nearest
parking lot that still has space (underlying assumption is that the app
some kind of live feed of the occupancy data). Does this trigger SA?
Does it depend on the internals of the app? Does it depend on how the
match OSM parking lot id - proprietary parking lot id is done?

Simon