23. juni 2014 kl. 08:35 skrev Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org>:

> Hi,
>
> On 06/23/2014 02:30 AM, N/A N/A wrote:
>> As far as I can see it ODbL section 4.3 would actually require OSM to
>> credit them in one way or another,
>
> Yes, but CC-BY does not say "in one way or another", it says:
>
> "... in any reasonable manner requested by the Licensor"
>
> which means that Kartverket get so say how they want to be attributed.

Note that this is referring to the identification. So in this case they
could specify that they are to be attributed as "Kartverket" or as "The
Norwegian Mapping Authority". CC BY doesn't require the user to regard
statements from the author about how the attribution is displayed.

If there are any issues with CC BY 4.0, they're likely to lie in other
areas like moral rights. With CC BY 3.0 the attribution required is pretty
much impossible to meet in the context of a crowd-sourced map, which is why
permission needs to be asked for CC BY 3.0 sources.