hi folks,
auckland, new zealand has a council-controlled website which is used for route planning on public transport. having done a lot of editing on osm over the years, i know the osm data pretty well, and can spot its use quite easily [1]. from what i can see, the transport routing site doesn't mention osm anywhere, or give correct attribution.

one of my friends has put in a freedom of information request to the council, to confirm it is osm data and to get formal confirmation for who the contractors are - we know this already though, from examining the website, it's smartrak.co.nz

as an aside, it appears their own website may also have unattributed osm data, depicting central auckland:
http://www.smartrak.co.nz/Info/images/home-map-v2.jpg

we are confident the data is from osm. assuming it is, what are the best steps to take?

this is the site:
https://at.govt.nz/bus-train-ferry/journey-planner/

[1] the inconsistent tracing of buildings, hedges, fences and driveways were a big giveaway, but there are many others, such as geometry and naming mistakes, odd road geometry i've drawn in and new features which have only been built in the last two weeks

thanks,

--
robin

What the world needs now, is love sweet love