I got a response:

>>- OpenStreetMap (OSM) may use and incorporate NSW data and derived products
>>into its database if attribution is provided as previously specified in this
>>email chain.
>Agree

>>- You understand that the OSM database into which the NSW data will be
>>incorporated is presently licensed under the terms of the Open Database
>>License (ODbL) version 1.0; and that it is possible for the project to update
>>or change this license (though I should note that this has only happened once
>>in the project's ten year history).
>Agree, as long as the changes do not go against the CC by licence and our
>acknowledgment requirements.

>>- You understand that OSM data is reused by various third parties under the
>>terms of the ODbL ("downstream use") and in ways that make attribution of all
>>original data sources impossible; and you therefore agree that downstream use
>>of OSM data including or derived from NSW data is not subject to the
>>"reasonable" attribution requirements imposed by the NSW data's CC-BY license.
>Agree, unless it can be clearly identified as LPI Data. For example majority
>of the derivative work it made up of NSW data.

My thoughts are, they're not going to throw out their CC BY license
conditions, simply provide us with the extra clarifications around
some of the terms within it.

So if someone for instance imported all LPI data into OSM and then
filtered the planet extract or API to only return LPI data, they would
need to provide LPI attribution as per their request and not just
attribute this as OSM.