I can understand the desire for a negative example, but:

- this is documentation of use that we are happy with, not of the opposite.

- as the preamble says there may be other ODbL compliant ways that to
not invoke share-alike to combine datasets outside of those detailed in
the guideline.

- using a contrived non-trivial negative example has the "it is
definitely going to happen" problem that it will be seen as a ruling in
use cases which are not on our table and of which we don't know the
details.

A simple trivial example of common use that is not in line with the
guideline would be de-duplication of elements in OSM and a third party
dataset to generate a common  database. in which each object only exists
once.

Simon