On 7/22/2016 12:28 AM, Ilya Zverev wrote:
Consider a simpler experiment. I remove nodes based on an obscure algorithm. I
then publish the rest of the database and a list of removed nodes under an open
license. Do I have to open the algorithm?

The database would be a derivative database and you would have to publish one of

a) the entire derivative database; or
b) A file containing all of the alterations made to the Database or the method of making the alterations to the Database (such as an algorithm), including any additional Contents

If you are publishing the database, this falls under a) and you don't need to do anything else. Someone could compare the databases, find out what you removed, and possibly run some analysis. If you don't want to publish the database (e.g. size reasons), then b) means you have to give enough information for someone to generate a).