Hi,

Since the open data on data.gov.tw from Taiwan government
covers only Taiwan, I assumed that any legal case will be following
Taiwan law and Taiwan Civil Code.

On your concern, "does useful things with the data" does not mean
a mapper can just import the data negligently. I believe any import
process or routing algorithms should be designed and implemented
carefully.

In Article 184 of Taiwan Civil Code[1], it said:
"A person, who violates a statutory provision enacted for the protection
of others and therefore prejudice to others, is bound to compensate for
the injury, EXCEPT NO NEGLIGENCE IN HIS ACT CAN BE PROVIDED."

In the license[2] clause 6.2, it also removes the liable for damage claims
from "Data Providing Organisation".

6.2. The Data Providing Organization shall not be liable for damage or
loss User encounters when he/she makes use of the Open Data provided
under the License. This disclaimer applies as well when User has third
parties encountered damage or loss and thus has been claimed for
remedies.  Unless otherwise specified according to law, the Data
Providing Organization SHALL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FO
ANY DAMAGES OR COMPENSATIONS HEREIN.

I read that as warning said the data importer is responsible if he/she
intentionally messed up with the data, or not give warning notice about
the risks of routing algorithms

If you don't feel comfortable about the terms, the Open Government
Data License also allow the data to be licensed under Creative Commons
Attribution License 4.0 International in clause 4.2.

[1] http://law.moj.gov.tw/Eng/LawClass/LawAll.aspx?PCode=B0000001
[2] http://data.gov.tw/license#eng
Cheers
-Rex