On Saturday 13 January 2018, Paul Norman wrote:

> Has anyone requested the derivative database their produced work is
> based on? It'd give us their interpretation.

As said i have contacted the author (primarily regarding attribution -
which he promised to improve - and has partly already done).  I also
mentioned the share-alike issue - but the author thinks this is fine as
it is and i am not really in a position to claim it is not.  He also
said he cannot provide the Google roads data itself since the Google
terms do not allow this (obviously).

Part of the problem is also they are using Google Earth Engine - which i
am not familiar with and which probably makes many of the data
processing steps fairly opaque so the authors might not be fully aware
of what actually happens in detail 'under the hood'.

I suppose if you pressure the authors into providing more intermediate
data you might get separate raster maps for the OSM roads and the
Google roads.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/