5 Jul 2019, 16:21 by yumean1...@gmail.com:

> Both of you are saying that factual data such as opening_hours, phone numbers
> or addresses require no investiment
> and thus they are not protected by the database rights. Am I right?

it seems to me that (I am no a lawyer etc) that it depends:

someone publishing data about their OWN shops (or other types of objects):
not passing barrier of protection

someone publishing data about shops where there was "substantial" effort into
making database:
protected

For example making on  my own database of opening hours of Tesco shops in my
country
would require visiting every single shop, I think that this data would be
probably protected

---

in short:
- we can copy from websites maintained by businesses both small and large as
far as
copyright is concerned (other limitations may apply like concerns about data
quality)
that give information about their own business
- we must not copy from other sources like phonebooks/Google Maps that
aggregate results
about other businesses (except cases where we are really sure that database
protection laws do not apply)