On Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 11:33 AM Nuno Caldeira <nunocapelocalde...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Speaking of attribution, here's a great example by Microsoft Bing maps,
> that has attribution based on the zoom level, they seem to be using OSM
> buildings and HERE roads
> https://www.bing.com/maps?cp=39.97203083116834~-8.634339&lvl=10&style=r&FORM=BMLOGO
>

> Up until they got contacted by OSMF to fix the attribution, nothing will
> happen and won't comply. They do not reply or give lazy excuses when a
> contributor approaches them

Nuno I'm confused by your statement on Bing maps. The clearly attribute OSM
when zoomed in. If they only use HERE data when zoomed out, what
requirements do they have to attribute OSM and if so on what basis? When
zoomed in, both HERE and OSM are attributed.

OT - One of the problems I noticed using two different data sources in
Portugal is roads intersecting buildings. I've never been to Portugal - how
good is OSM compared to HERE? Why can't they drop HERE and just use OSM?

Best,
Clifford

--
@osm_washington