Am Di., 16. Juni 2020 um 16:00 Uhr schrieb Mateusz Konieczny via legal-talk
<legal-talk@openstreetmap.org>:

> See https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikilegal/Database_Rights
>
> > Whenever possible, the best course is to use only content that is made
> > available by the author under an open license. In particular, for EU
> > databases, the license should include a license or express waiver of
> > the sui generis database right.
>

> Though in general approach of Wikidata is to ignore copyright, unlike
> OSM or Wikimedia Commons.
>
> Compare
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Commons:Copyright
> https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Copyright
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Copyright
>
> Common comment is "we are copying facts, facts are not copyrightable"
> what may be or may be not describing such editing in case of USA legal
> framework

indeed, it is not the European legal situation.

> Provided that ODbL and OpenStreetMap would be sufficiently linked, is it
> then possible to copy OSM data into wikidata, which is distributed as CC0?
>
> AFAIK not sufficient, ODBL is a copyleft ("share alike") license, so it
> would be necessary to add
> also that data is ODBL licensed.

yes, I meant OSM is mentioned as source of the data and it is made clear
that the data is published with an ODbL license, this is what "ODbL" was
referring to.

> I opened deletion request for one of items at
> https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Requests_for_deletions#Q76939332
> and notified the author

thank you for taking action, I guess this may be a good way to raise
awareness, although ultimately I would prefer improving / fixing the
attribution and keeping the data rather than removing it.

Cheers
Martin