Hi Lars-Daniel, Kathleen,

> The process doesn't seem to be trivial, since the edges of many polygons go
> across areas, where no OSM elements could have been used as a reference. So
> OSM dataset has either been changed or augmented using 3rd party reference
> (knowledge, imagery, data etc.) to create the product. Those changes are
> share-alike by ODbL.

The Trivial-Transf.-Guideline asks a trivial transformation to be
judged from a non-technical point of view. The quality of the
transformation itself should be non-trivial.

You explained, how the edges of some polygons go along edges that may
be very difficult to obtain, as they can’t be found within OSM. While
Kathleen seems to assume that they are directly and easily derived from
OSM data. Is that right?

OTOH that doesn’t seem important under the TTG. The TTG asks us to
estimate the modification or addition itself. You seem to be certain,
the modifications are only possible by combination of 3rd party data
and OSM data. From that perspective, they don’t seem very trivial to me.
Kathleen?

Thanks

Tom