The primary database and one of the mirrors are already
in the EU and have been for several years.

There are currently two other mirrors both of which
are in the UK.

Tom

On 13/12/2020 09:21, Edward Bainton wrote:
Thank you for the link, now read. All you say on substantial changes makes sense.

So if we move the database into the EU, are we confident it would be all be protected under those terms? Does the hiatus from 1 Jan 2021 cause any difficulties? I'm reading the bit that says protection runs from the date of completion of the database - which is either already done, or never to be achieved. Either way I'm struggling to be sure that a database imported into the EU (perhaps considered complete on the day of import?) would have the protection.

Or do we need two databases - the UK-based one that is protected under the legacy agreement (until the UK Parliament decides otherwise, I suppose), and the new EU one, and the servers work off them in tandem?