Ok, I'm selling my maxed-out PowerMac G5 Quad. I bought it from another list
member about a year and a half ago and it's been a great machine. I upgraded
the RAM to 8GB, but other than that it's pretty much as I got it and it's a
great machine. It's also the most powerful PowerPC-based Mac that Apple
produced.

Specs are:
CPU: 2.5gHz G5 Quad (2 x dual core 2.5gHz G5 CPUs), 1MB L2 cache per core
System bus: 1.25gHz bi-direction (one for each CPU)
RAM: 8GB, 2 slots free
Hard Drive:  WD 160GB  SATA, 1 bay free
Optical Drive: 16x Dual-Layer SuperDrive
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 6600 with 256MB GDDR RAM and 2 DVI ports
Network: Dual independent gigabit ethernet ports
Standard ports: 4 USB, 1 Firewire 800, 2 Firewire 400, etc.
Expansion slots: 3 open PCI-express slots

Here's a link to the model on Everymac:
http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powermac_g5/stats/powermac_g5_quad_2.5.html

Again, I bought it from another list member in early 2009 and it's been a great
machine. I've been using it as a media server, streaming to my AppleTV and as a
backup and file server in my home network. It's a powerhouse of a machine, but
I'm reconfiguring my network and downsizing somewhat, so it's become redundant
and I figured I could find a better home for it. The case has only very minor
scuffs, no dings or dents or bent legs.

It was under Applecare until August of 2009, and had the logic board replaced
in 2007 (by the previous owner), so it has the newer revision board. I will
include the original install discs and power cord and it will ship in a Mac Pro
box. I have an extra MacMice USB 2-button mouse that I'll include, but I'm not
sure I have an extra keyboard. If I find one, I'll throw that in as well, but
assume it's not included.

I will wipe the drive and do a clean install, so it'll boot up to clean to Mac
OSX 10.5 Leopard, and you can go from there.
It'll be well packed in the Apple box and insured when it ships.

Asking $900 plus shipping costs (probably about $70 with insurance and tracking
in the USA).

Hal Widlansky
Salt Lake City, UT 84108