MINOR "ISSUE."  SOLD AS-IS.  READ CAREFULLY.

This has been a great laptop since I purchased it, used.  The only
"issue" is a 1-pixel wide vertical gray line from top to bottom near
the middle of the screen (it was like that when I bought it from the
original owner), but that was never a problem for me because it is
easy for me to ignore.  Pix available on request.  You can see the
line in some of the photos, and in others it doesn't even show up.  It
depends on the background, on a white or light colored background it
is invisible to my eyes.  Other than that, the laptop functions
perfectly.  All of the keys, the trackpad, the mouse clicker, all of
the ports, the bluetooth, wifi, optical drive, i-sight camera,
EVERYTHING, works like the day it was made.

One time, while watching a movie, the video went all wonky, but after
a forced shutdown, I removed and re-seated the RAM, and it has been
fine ever since.  The graphics processor in these MacBooks share RAM
with the system, so I guess this makes perfect sense, and I have no
reason to suspect that it was anything more than that.

Cosmetically, I would rate it 9.5 out of 10, and that only because of
some dirty-finger smudges on 3 or 4 keys that resist gentle cleaning.
The are NO chips around the edges of the upper-half of the bottom
case, which are so common among these MacBooks.  Likewise, there are
no cracks anywhere in the upper or lower case, only a few barely
visible scuffs to be expected on a gently used laptop.  There are no
scratches on the glossy screen.  The battery is in good shape, and
when fully charged, will run the laptop 3 to 3.5 hours, under normal
use.

I am selling it because this past week I came across a nice 15"
MacBook Pro, and I wanted a laptop with a larger screen, so now this
one is up for sale.

Comes with the original Apple 60W MagSafe charger in great condition,
the original Apple battery which still holds 3 to 3.5 hours of
charge.  Has the original (upgraded) 250 GB hard drive, and 2 GB of
RAM installed.  Complete specs from Apple can be found at
http://support.apple.com/kb/SP5 (according to Everymac.com this laptop
will support up to 6 GB of PC2-5300 RAM, see
http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook/stats/macbook-core-2-duo-2.4-white-13-early-2008-penryn-specs.html).
The production date for this laptop was the third week of July, 2008,
so it's only about 3 1/2 yrs old.

I will remove my personal files, then erase the HDD completely and
perform a clean install of the OS.  I will leave it to the next owner
to set it up and then download and install the latest OS updates from
the Apple website (free).  I do not have the original box, nor the
original discs, but I will include a retail copy of Snow Leopard, OSX
10.6, for FREE!

I have done my best to describe the laptop and its condition as
accurately as possible.  No guarantees are expressed or implied, and
the sale will be final - no return or refund for any reason.  Shipping
will be by USPS Priority Mail w/ insurance.  Feel free to make an
offer, but after checking eBay, I've seen a few go for a good bit more
than I'm asking, so all in all, I think my price is fair.

Sam Danton
Jeannette, PA 15644

-- 
You received this message because you are a member of the LEM Swap group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe, send an email *from your subscribed address* to 
[email protected]
LEM-Swap is not a discussion list; it is for buying & selling Mac stuff. Reply 
directly to the person who posted, never to the list.
Software piracy is illegal and not allowed on LEM Swap. Except for freeware and 
software originally provided with computers, no software is to be left on hard 
drives unless the original installer (not a burned copy) is included, along 
with any required registration number, password, etc.
Shipments valued at US$100 or more should be insured, and shipments valued at 
US$25 or more should be shipped so they can be tracked.
See the list FAQ http://lowendmac.com/lists/swap.html for guidelines on 
postings, feedback, and dispute resolution. Seller feedback at 
http://groups.google.com/group/swap-feedback

Reply via email to