I realize this printer is archaic, but it's a critical component of a system
I use for my work that includes a Quadra, MO drive, scanner, etc. I have a
lifetime supply of Okidata cartridges & drums hoarded to keep it running for
the rest of my life. But it just failed on me--keeps giving a "paper jam"
warning even though there is no paper inside. I've already searched on ebay
for a year (figuring it would eventually break down), to no avail. GCC was
not at all helpful, seemed scornful that I was still trying to use such an
old printer. The limiting factor seems to be that the Quadra & PowerMac
briefly used serial ports for printers in the late 80's. So the GCC Elite
12/600 is no longer compatible with the Quadra. The reason I can't upgrade
(apart from all the other equipment still working fine!) is that the
analysis program I use (NIH Image) is no longer compatible with new Mac's
that don't have the "Mac classic" environment. If anyone has one
collecting dust that still works, I would love to buy it from you, for a
reasonable price, & put it back to work!
fingers crossed, Susan Bachus Burke, VA 22015
--
You received this message because you are a member of the LEM Swap group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe, send an email *from your subscribed address* to
[email protected]
LEM-Swap is not a discussion list; it is for buying & selling Mac stuff. Reply
directly to the person who posted, never to the list.
Software piracy is illegal and not allowed on LEM Swap. Except for freeware and
software originally provided with computers, no software is to be left on hard
drives unless the original installer (not a burned copy) is included, along
with any required registration number, password, etc.
Shipments valued at US$100 or more should be insured, and shipments valued at
US$25 or more should be shipped so they can be tracked.
See the list FAQ http://lowendmac.com/lists/swap.html for guidelines on
postings, feedback, and dispute resolution. Seller feedback at
http://groups.google.com/group/swap-feedback