Hello swappers,
I have a PowerMac G5 Dual Processor 2.0 GHz machine in truly excellent cosmetic
and functional condition. It is a personally owned machine, so it hasn't had
the hard knocks of business use; it has been mostly sitting on my desk at home
for a decade, and was packed away for the past three or four years. It was
originally delivered as an M9032LL/A (2GHz DP/PCI-X/512MB/160GB/DVD-R
CDRW/R9600 PRO/MDM).
Today this machine is set up with a generous 2 GB of RAM and two HDD (the
original 160 GB HDD plus a second 320 GB drive in the lower bay). It has
factory Airport and I will include the third party Bluetooth USB dongle I have
used. I can include the original white "ice cube tray" keyboard and a
Kensington "Mouse in a Box" wireless mouse (non-bluetooth; uses a USB receiver
device that handily includes a battery charger for the mouse batteries!). The
original mouse is gone but they're easy to find and you probably have one
already. I may be able to find the original install disks and documentation
too. It will ship in the original box with OEM styrofoam inserts. This is a
very fine example of just about the most powerful and yet still reliable (i.e.,
not liquid-cooled) PowerMacs you can obtain. It is perfect for someone wishing
to run a fairly modern version of OS X and yet still have Mac OS 9 for legacy
software. It would make a great Leopard Server box.
PowerMacs are heavy and expensive to ship, so I'd prefer to ship somewhere
relatively close to Salt Lake City (I shipped a PM G4 MDD to the east coast and
it was about $80 for shipping alone). The asking price (and please remember I
want it gone, so offers are welcome) is $99 plus actual shipping to your
address. Local pickup is welcome. The disks have been zeroed and wiped using
Disk Utility, so you know this machine's had a recent workout despite its long
storage.
Best regards,Mike LincolnSalt Lake City, UT 84103
--
You received this message because you are a member of the LEM Swap group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe, send an email *from your subscribed address* to
[email protected]
LEM-Swap is not a discussion list; it is for buying & selling Mac stuff. Reply
directly to the person who posted, never to the list.
Software piracy is illegal and not allowed on LEM Swap. Except for freeware and
software originally provided with computers, no software is to be left on hard
drives unless the original installer (not a burned copy) is included, along
with any required registration number, password, etc.
Shipments valued at US$100 or more should be insured, and shipments valued at
US$25 or more should be shipped so they can be tracked.
See the list FAQ http://lowendmac.com/lists/swap.html for guidelines on
postings, feedback, and dispute resolution. Seller feedback at
http://groups.google.com/group/swap-feedback