I have a working Macintosh Plus that was upgraded with the later
platinum case and keyboard. The mouse is still the older beige version,
but it looks fairly clean and the yellowing is minimal. I fired it up
today for the first time in years and it still seems to function, with
system 5.3 operational. I don't recall how much memory is installed,
but if memory serves me correctly I maxed it out at 4MB. There is some
case yellowing, but not nearly as bad as the original case. If I can
find it I will include the external floppy drive.
I also have the original case, with CRT, that I would like to include in
this sale; since there isn't a logic board in it, it might make for a
guilt-free Macquarium since no working classic Macs will be destroyed,
and it will give you a spare CRT.
I'm not 100% sure what the value is on such a system, but based on a bit
of research I will throw a price of $325 OBO + shipping. If that seems
a tad high, please let me know and perhaps we can strike a deal - that
price is not firm. Friends and family have told me to just take it to
the electronic waste site, but I just cannot do that to a wonderful
piece of history like this.
Ryan Stevens
Westchester, CA 90045 (Home of LAX)
--
You received this message because you are a member of the LEM Swap group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe, send an email *from your subscribed address* to
[email protected]
LEM-Swap is not a discussion list; it is for buying & selling Mac stuff. Reply
directly to the person who posted, never to the list.
Software piracy is illegal and not allowed on LEM Swap. Except for freeware and
software originally provided with computers, no software is to be left on hard
drives unless the original installer (not a burned copy) is included, along
with any required registration number, password, etc.
Shipments valued at US$100 or more should be insured, and shipments valued at
US$25 or more should be shipped so they can be tracked.
See the list FAQ http://lowendmac.com/lists/swap.html for guidelines on
postings, feedback, and dispute resolution. Seller feedback at
http://groups.google.com/group/swap-feedback