I removed the optical drive and installed a 2nd HD.

One is a new SSD and the other is 500GB SATA Disk. Both passed Apple Disk
Utility testing.

Wifi and bluetooth work as they should. All ports work too, and there are a
lot of them.

I planned to clean the mini’s interior when removing the optical drive. Not
necessary. The inside was practically free of dust. I did remove the old
thermal compound and replace it with new Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound.

My plan was to experiment with Open Core on one HD. I bought 8GB of new RAM
to help Open Core along.

Unfortunately for me, what came along was Arthritis. When able to hold a
screwdriver I just don’t seem to have sufficient hand strength for the
task. It’s time to take a step back from my Mac hobby.

The cost of a SSD and new RAM have increased the value. This is not the
typical 2.26 with 2GB RAM and a 160GB HD sold on eBay.

I used a mini-DVI to HDMI adapter for monitor connection.

In addition to the Open Core mod I also found this interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQP7ctAkE3Q

Shipping will be via USPS Priority service.

$120.00  Shipping is free within continental US.

Photo’s here:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/hqejnn3fxxs4knk47hlzk/h?dl=0&rlkey=7wovnf248tsahp5qbqjm9k70y

Double click a pic to enlarge it.

Chuck LaFray