Mr. Proyect:
Saying that trying to speak (or at least understand) the language of the country
you live in is a part of progressive consciousness does not mean that everybody
who speaks the language is a 'progressive' or even revolutionary person
[all Africans have black hear but not all people with black hair are Africans].
At the same time not trying to learn such a language is not progressive even
with people who on other accounts might be progressive (which by the way is not
necessarily identical with being militant,or the other way round:being
combative isnotnecessarily identical with being progressive in all respects. A
person might be a very militant fighter against the boiss or any other
oppressor and at the same time be very sexist for instance). What's so difficult
about this? I sortof blame youz and your cothinkers for your lack of caoability
to understand such a simple thing but I don't blame you for not answering the
basic ideas explained in the paragraph quoted by you. It's obviously beyond your
world view.
        Therefore I will stop discussion on this subject now since it
doesn't lead anywhere.
A.H.