I just want to point out that it was no less a rooted stalinoid perverted sectarian
than I myself who originally invited  Nestor G. -- and what's more, Johannes S. --
to comoderate L-I. So I picked up a stone and dropped it on my own foot, in the
latter case, as the maoists say. But I have always taken the view that we need to
talk, and still do. Mostly what I hope for is to *raise the level of debate*. We
should not be afraid of losing arguments. In the case of Nestor and many other folks
whose political backgrounds are dissimilar to my own, the dialogue has generally
been fruitful and I am very glad of it.

Mark