I am going to post this conversation to the list so no one can be confused as to the
basic dynamic of what we are doing here. If the list management is boring to you,
delete now.

To Mark, Yoshie writes:

> I agree, except that a bit of occasional trench warfare is most
> likely unavoidable (if it's not Steve & Owen, it will be someone else
> in the future).  It's a nature of the beast (political e-lists).

Absolutely. Particularly on these types of matters. There is a difference between
rigourous total debates and looking to pick fights. I would ask people to please do I
suggested earlier and view the posts on Iskra and/or Proletarism on Egroups. Ask
yourself if a word can be brought in edgewise. It reads almost like scripture in
passion. This list must be different than that. If it can't be, we can give the list
over to the moderators of Iskra and/or Proletarism to run, so people don't have to
surf through adverts. I want no part of that. It isn't a Marxism designed for mass
consumption or synthesis at all. It's designed for chatter boxes to make
pronouncements. If the pronouncement is "wrong", well...

> hope we will increase stellar contributions from thoughtful posters
> -- the only way to minimize a possibility of trench warfare.

Exactly. This reminds me of Phil Ferguson from Marxmail and his extremely valid point
(for those who don't know, Phil is a man who writes for Revolution mag from NZ) that
many of today's advocates of PR use it as a *substitute* rather than compliment to
many arguments about many other left tendencies. The KPRF being only the current
example. PR is, in many cases, right on the money. But it isn't an answer to what is
wrong with the left.

> I'd
> like you (& of course everyone else here, too) to help the current
> moderation team in our task.
>
> Yoshie

And I'd like to thank you for not being given to "siding" on this debate with threats
or a belief that this was a coup or something. We have a job to do, and should get on
it as soon as possible. I think that begins with try to lay out the new message we
were working on before all this began.

Macdonald and his 2 cents...