>I am sure we'd all want to welcome Svetlana to this list. It is very good
>establish cordial relations with Russian leftist and working class
organisations. I
>hope that she will play an active part in our discussions. When comrades
honestly
>and sincerely strive to understand each other's positions, and diligently
seek to
>explain and analyse differences, much can be achieved. But to begin by
attacking the
>moderators is not helpful. Rather than begin with a discussion of
personalities and
>of list policy, I think it would be more useful if Svetlana informed the
list about
>the activities of her organisation in Samara, and about its viewpoint and
arguments,
>and also if she asks any questions she has about the political orientations
etc of
>other people on the list. Then we can hope to find some common ground, or
anyway to
>understand one another better.
>
>Mark

Dear Mark!

Certainly I would like to take an active part in your discussions. My
comrades and I see that your list pays much attention to Russia and this
fact makes us happy.

We was glad that among paticipants of your list we have been seeing the
comrades who give great help to the Russian left and workers' movement such
as Vladimir Bilenkin and Steve Mayers. True, Steve`s letters do not appear
in the list in the last days, probably he is too busy.

I have told the list about activity of my organization quite in detail, in
my opinion.

I could also expound my political views and my comrade`s view-points to
subjects discussed in your list but I am not sure that the words which do
not belong to me will not be attributed to me and I shall not be dumped
after sending my first two debatable messages to the list, as this happened
with our comrade Vladimir Bilenkin.

You consider incorrect that I began with discussion of personalities. But I
am going to communicate not with robots in your list but  with the people,
and it is very important for me to know  what human streaks have the people
which have created this list and participate in it. I believe, it is very
important that there were comradely, democratic relations during our common
work for communism in this list or else honest and fruitful polemics will be
impossible.

I do not deny, that your list should have and carry out its editorial policy
and, as on any list, and I consider necessary the expelling from any list
those members who debate dishonestly or insult other participants of
discussion. But in Vladimir Bilenkin`s case there were no such basis. The
attribution of another`s words to Vladimir took place. I have shown it in my
answer to Louis Project which I have just sent. Read it, please. And I hope
that this annoying situation will be remedied by you and your unbiassed
colleagues-moderators.

Dear Mark, you wrote that "It is very good to establish cordial relations
with Russian leftist and working class organisations". We also would like to
establish such relations with Western leftists and organizations of Western
working class. But unfortunately we do not see, how it is possible, while
our comrade Vladimir is still striked off the Leninist-international list.

And I do not doubt, that you and other moderators of the list consider that
it is impossible to expell from the list those members whose political views
contradict their own ones or veiw-points of majority of the participants of
discussion. I am sure that you are agree that freedom of expression of
judgements is the first necessary condition for any fruitful polemics,
especially marxist.

That`s why we suppose that elemination of  Vladimir Bilenkin from the list
was an outcome of misunderstanding and we repeat our request to remedy
occured and to subscribe his address to your list.

Best wishes,

Svetlana Baiborodova