I have many friends who are supporters of the PRD.  Many Californians and
trade unionists support them.  But the PRD was criticized for not supporting
the Zapatistas clearly enough.  Some Mexican friends of mine state that the
leadership of the PRD were former PRI folks.  Yes, I would say that they are
Social Democratic and Liberal.  We unite with them against the genocide and
imperialism that was happening in Mexico.  But, they are not revolutionary
and not supportive of self defense for indigenous folks.