On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 9:27 PM, Sebastian Kraft <m...@sebastiankraft.net> wrote:
> On 25.06.2016 21:29, Torsten Bronger wrote:
>> Hallöchen!
>>
>> Roman Lebedev writes:
>>
>>> This will allow to do *some* verification of the database XML's
>>> at the build time. Well, each time make is run.
>>
>> I just re-found check_database.py.  Maybe the checks shoudl be
>> incorporated into that and connected with a Git hook?
>>

> That was also my proposal a few mails above in this thread. I think this
> is the best place to call xmlint because all database checks will be in
> one place and can be easily extended with lensfun specific checks.
If this is a question to me then i do not that much lf db editing to be
entitled to an opinion.

check_database.py:
+: will not spam into the make output
+: more extendable
-: will need to be a manually-added git hook, which means not many
   will do it, and it will be easier to forget about it

I'm biased, please choose yourself :)

> Sebastian
Roman.