On Mar 7, 1:17 am, "Ville M. Vainio" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I got the following on startup (with no .leo document):
>
> reading settings in C:\leo\leo\config\leoSettings.leo
>
> ... blah blah ...
>
> CloneMenu failed inside of MenuAddOrInsert.
>
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

This looks like a message inside Tk or Tkinter.  There is no such
message in Leo.

> When leo is correctly started and press ctrl+C on starting console, I get:
>
> QQQ
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\leo\leo\src\leo.py", line 428, in <module>
>     run()
>   File "C:\leo\leo\src\leo.py", line 164, in run
>     g.app.gui.runMainLoop()
>   File "C:\leo\leo\src\leoTkinterGui.py", line 189, in runMainLoop
>     self.root.mainloop()
>   File "C:\Python25\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1023, in mainloop
>     self.tk.mainloop(n)
> KeyboardInterrupt
> Fatal Python error: PyEval_RestoreThread: NULL tstate
>
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
> QQQ

I get similar messages on both XP and Linux with Leo running w/o the
ipython plugin.  The exact message will vary...

Is this supposed to be a problem?  When I want to kill Leo I just
close the console :-)

Does it effect the ipython plugin?  Does IPython somehow usually catch
control-c?

> A while back I got the same "Fatal Python Error" when I had errors in
> my rst3 document and I pressed rst3 button.

Alas, this can happen because bugs in rst3 sources can crash
docutils.  This is a known problem--there is nothing Leo can do about
it...

> Also, trying to do help -> Open LeoSettings.leo quite predictably
> fails in terrible fashion (window is all screwed up on top left corner
> w/o border, I see the outline icons but no text, etc etc.)

This has never happened to me, either on XP or Linux/Ubuntu.  Does
restoring LeoSetting.leo from the trunk help?