On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 08:47:17 -0700 (PDT)
"Edward K. Ream" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Actually, I should create an "official" branch.  I just realized that
> what I have done (create a local branch of the trunk) is dangerous: if
> I forget and push that branch we will not be happy.

Not sure if you've moved on from this position already, but I don't
think making local branches of the trunk should be dangerous.  If
you're worried about accidentally pushing to the canonical trunk on
launch pad (or to your local copy of the canonical trunk on
launch pad, from where subsequent pushes end up on lp) you can delete
the 'push_location' line from .bzr/branch/branch.conf - then push won't
work without a specific target being given.

Editing files in .bzr is a little distasteful of course, but that file
at least is easy, and bzr has a --remember switch for remembering
locations, but no --forget switch for forgetting them :-}