On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 6:39 AM, Steve Zatz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am sure an obvious question but I don't see documentation related to
> this.  When Leo starts up on Windows, in the log file is written
>
> leoID= ABC  (in  C:\Program Files\Leo\config )
> global config dir: C:\Program Files\Leo\config
> home dir: None
>
> How is the "home dir" set and how does it affect Leo?

Good question.  I'll document it better in the docs.

Leo puts several files in the home directory: .leoID.txt,
.leoRecentFiles.txt, and myLeoSettings.leo.  There are various fallback
directories if there is no home directory.

If you want more details, you can do what I did: do a clone-find-all for
homeDir.

As for how the home directory is set, the code to do this is
g.computeHomeDir.  We get the home directory with

home = os.getenv('HOME',default=None)

There are some mind-numbing details to be handled if there os.getenv does,
in fact, return a directory.

HTH.