There's a development branch of leo 'menuat' which has this feature.
You use @settings entries (in your myLeoSettings file) like

@menuat /commands/rectangles
   @menu Line commands
       @item center-line
       @item right-justify-line

And this will add a 'Line commands' sub-menu to the 'Commands' menu
after the 'Rectangles' menu... all menu names from memory and subject to
error.

If you're into hacking leo grab:

https://code.launchpad.net/~terry-n-brown/leo-editor/menuat

but it's not up to date with the trunk, although it's not very
different either.

If you're not into such hacking, I will soon try and move the code on
to the trunk, the fact that you asked for it gives me some motivation
to actually finish it.

Cheers -Terry