On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 06:12:42 -0700 (PDT)
"Edward K. Ream" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On May 9, 1:06 pm, Terry Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > Leo will read myLeoSettings.leo twice if that's the file you are
> > > actually opening.  It's not worth "fixing".
> >
> > It's not the file I'm actually opening, it's $HOME/myLeoSettings.leo
> > and $PWD/myLeoSettings.leo (using $PWD as notation for the directory
> > from which python was run).
> >
> > I.e. when $PWD == $HOME, a command like
> >
> >   python path/to/leo.py foo.leo
> >
> > will read mySettings.leo and leoSettings.leo twice.
>
> The fix, I hope, is on the trunk.  Please verify that the fix actually
> works.  Thanks.

tb:mo: ~
~> python Desktop/Package/leo/bzr/leo.repo/trunk/launchLeo.py del.leo
reading settings in
/media/usr1/usr1/home/tbrown/.gnome-desktop/Package/leo/bzr/leo.repo/trunk/leo/config/leoSettings.leo
reading settings in /home/tbrown/leoSettings.leo
reading settings in /media/usr1/usr1/home/tbrown/leoSettings.leo
reading settings in /media/usr1/usr1/home/tbrown
reading settings in /home/tbrown/myLeoSettings.leo
reading settings in /home/tbrown/mothLeoSettings.leo
reading settings in /media/usr1/usr1/home/tbrown/myLeoSettings.leo
reading settings in /media/usr1/usr1/home/tbrown/del.leo
reading /home/tbrown/.leoRecentFiles.txt
reading /media/usr1/usr1/home/tbrown/.leoRecentFiles.txt
@enabled-plugins found in myLeoSettings.leo

I think it's still doing it, but now it looks like the problem is that
it's seeing $PWD as /media/usr1/usr1/home/tbrown and $HOME
as /home/tbrown

I'm not sure if that's the same problem - I suspect before it was
reading /home/tbrown/myLeoSettings.leo and myLeoSettings.leo without
checking to see if they're the same file, now it's
reading /home/tbrown/myLeoSettings.leo
and /media/usr1/usr1/home/tbrown/myLeoSettings.leo without realizing
they're the same file.

Perhaps just throw in a os.path.realpath()?