On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 07:49:03 -0500
"Kent Tenney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 10:30 AM, Terry Brown
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone use the at_folder plugin?
>
> I don't, but I'm very interested in folder handling.
>
> Do you create an empty node for each file in a folder?

Yes

> Do you generate @path statements in the nodes generated?

No, but I suppose that would be a good idea.  The downside is that I
think seeing "@path " repeated on 15 lines in a row is ugly, but the
upside is obvious.  Currently directories are distinguished as "/foo/"
rather than just "foo" for a file.

> I'm not sure what @folder does, I'd like something that built a
> representation of the tree structure on the filesystem, consisting
> of @file and @folder nodes. Actually not @file nodes, but @auto
> nodes, I prefer defaulting to no sentinels.
>
> If the @folder subnodes included @path statements (or replicated their
> behaviour) then I can create files from Leo by creating an @auto node
> in the desired part of the @folder subtree.
>
> I consider this really important functionality, core to the concept of
> Leo as a organizational platform.
>
> I can see some refinements like
> @folder /home/user/work/project/rockin pat=*.py
>
> Which would find and load all Python files in a tree

Hmm, interesting.  at_folder was originally designed for making an
index of a directory explaining what all the files were, optionally
grouping them etc.  My changes to this point has really just been to
make it recursive, when you click on the status-icon-box of a
directory node its contents are loaded under it, but not before.

Clicking on the status-icon-box of a file node could be used to
convert the node from a plain "code.py" to "@auto code.py" as well,
that would be nice.

Maybe I should abandon the @at_folder directive and just make this a
new plugin called "dynamic_path" or something, which uses only @path
statements to work out where it is.

Currently it marks files which have disappeared "*like_this*".  That's
ok I think.

Cheers -Terry