Schema aware completion is different from template completion though,
it shows you the list of possibly valid entries at a give point, and
allows for repetition of structures etc.

It occurs to me that abbrev mode could close html elements quite
helpfully, but it doesn't seem to work setting '<h1' as an abbrev. for
'<h1></h1>' for example.  Any reason why not?  Should I poke into it?

Cheers -Terry