On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Peter Bienstman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> * In the file menu, 'recent files', which is used to *open* files, is
> actually sitting in a bunch of options related to *saving* files. I'd
> move this to after 'open with'

Good point.  Done in rev 843.

> * 'edit settings' should bring up .leo/myLeoSettings. When leo
> automatically creates this file, rather than being empty, it would be
> better if it were a copy of LeoSettings

This has been removed entirely.

> * I would remove 'open (my)LeoSettings' from the Help menu, as they
> have nothing to do with help. myleosettings is already opened by the
> 'edit settings' option mentioned above. I don't see a reason why there
> should be an option to edit leosettings. Shouldn't that be a system-
> wide configuration file, that is only editable by root? Each user can
> override the system-wide settings by customising myleosettings.

If you have security concerns, you can edit leoSettings.leo:

@settings-->Menus-->@menus

I'm not going to change the default, though.  I'm comfortable with it,
even though, as you say, it's a bit strange to put these items in the
Help menu.