On Aug 20, 4:51 pm, "Edward K. Ream" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 12:36 AM, zpcspm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I've got one more test where a section reference is involved.
>
> > This is the body of the @test node:

>     head = '<< xxx >>'
>
> Try this:
>
>     head = g.angleBrackets(' xxx ')
>
> This is the recommend way to avoid unwanted section references.
>
> Edward

Excellent!

This is a working example:

--- cut here ---
root = p.copy()
while p.hasChildren():
    p.firstChild().doDelete(newNode = None)

try:

    p1 = p.insertAsLastChild()
    g.pr(p1.headString())
    head = 'head'
    p1.setHeadString(head)
    g.pr(p1.headString())
    head = g.angleBrackets(' xxx ')
    p1.setHeadString(head)
    g.pr(p1.headString())
    assert p1.headString() == g.angleBrackets(' xxx ')

finally:
    if 1:
        while root.hasChildren():
            root.firstChild().doDelete(newNode = None)
    c.redraw_now()
--- cut here ---

I strogly suggest to add this special case to docs.
Possible places for addition are
http://webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/scripting.html#getting-and-setting-headline-and-body-text
and
http://webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/intro.html#quick-start-for-programmers
.
It looks like the whole leo/doc/html directory contains 0 references
to g.angleBrackets().